When you have a big air conditioning problem – like an air conditioner that quits during the hottest day of summer – it goes without saying that you’ll call for service. Smaller air conditioning problems are easier to ignore, but this is the last thing you should do.
By calling for service as soon as you notice the symptoms of an ailing cooling system, you can prevent the expense and inconvenience of a big repair job. You’ll also avoid the higher utility bills that typically accompany a poorly functioning air conditioning system. You should have your air conditioner checked when you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Decreased air flow from the registers;
- Strange noises coming from the air conditioner;
- Moldy odors coming from the ductwork when the air conditioner is running;
- The air conditioner cycles on and off more frequently than it used to;
- The breaker for the air conditioner in the electrical panel keeps tripping (or the fuse keeps blowing);
- Ice appears on your air conditioner or piping, either inside or outside the house;
- Your outdoor fan in the air conditioner won’t come on.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, call us today to have your air conditioning checked and serviced to avoid larger problems down the road.